Mothers in Business (existing, start-ups, aspiring) come-along and celebrate Queensland Small Business Week 2019. Let’s acknowledge being a Mum and a Small Business Owner can be a challenge, but this tribe is growing and there is strength in numbers. On Monday 27 May at the Mackay Women’s Centre, Shakespeare St, Mackay.
Join us for refreshments from 9.30am with introductions at 9.45am through to 11.30am.
Each participant will have a shared table to display their business information.
Small businesses owned by women has increased by 6.3% between 2011 and 2016 and often these women are enjoying parental responsibility as well. One of the things can we lose is US. Who are we and What are we and What are we worth? It is time for us to realise our individual potential by investing in our personal development and becoming agents of change to make our community healthier and happier. To do this, we need to make changes. On the day:
- Interactive workshopping to celebrate how being a Mum in business gives you an edge and how it benefits your customers.
- Reflect on self-care and how by making positive choices for mental health facilitates successful business growth and your family’s well-being
- Recognising the value of your diverse talents gained through your roles, groups and connections as a mum.
- Represent yourself through real you branding.
- Launch of Balance Minder Tribe Affiliates
Join our guest speakers:
- Leanne Simpson – Balance Minder – all kids left home and a grandbaby on the way
- Debbie Dreaver – Debbie Dreaver HR – all kids finished school and still at home!
- Madeline Avery – Birdcage Marketing – a toddler, 2 dogs, 3 cats and 3 chickens
The Let’s Shape Up! Project will be providing Health Checks by a Registered nurse, which will include: Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment survey Blood Pressure Checks Hba1c Finger Prick testing for ‘at risk’ individuals for Type 2 Diabetes
References THE GLOBAL STRATEGY FOR WOMEN’S, CHILDREN’S AND ADOLESCENTS’ HEALTH (2016-2030) – https://www.who.int/life-course/partners/global-strategy/globalstrategyreport2016-2030-lowres.pdf
The State of Small Business 2018 – https://publications.qld.gov.au/dataset/queensland-state-of-small-business/resource/fc2ff16d-b180-41db-85ae-dc3c100753af